Amping up your vacation home is not as difficult as it may seem. Few inspirations and few fun additions is all it takes to make your holiday home feel warm and cozy. In this blog we list out 5 super easy decor tips that will not only transform your vacation home but will also make it seem like a perfect home away from home. So let’s get started:
1) Bamboo Furniture- Bamboo furniture adds a very laid back and relaxed vibe to the whole place. Simple in design, easy on the pocket and low on maintenance- it is the perfect addition to your holiday home!
2) Stick to a soothing decor palette- Your weekend or vacation home should spell comfort and serenity. Never underestimate the power of colours. Colours play a major role in setting the ambience and mood of any space. Thus, it is extremely important that you opt for soothing colours to adorn the walls of your home. Shades of blue, greens and yellows offer an extremely revitalizing feel to the whole space.
3) Bring the outdoors indoors- Simply put, do not hesitate to use fresh plants as decor elements. Plants add a sense of calmness and peace to any given space. They have the power to soothe, relax and inspire and can instantly bring life to any area. Either opt for big leafy plants or simply settle for cute bonsai- nature will never fail to heal and impress!
4) Opt for soft drapes and textiles- Plush pillows, soft ottomans, low benches and crisp curtains – they not only soften the look and feel of the room but also make the home feel cosier and warmer.
5) Personalise your home- Your vacation home is your home away from home. Personalising your home will only make it feel more homely. Change the upholstery of the furniture to match your taste and preferences. Basically anything you can do to bring more of your sparkling personality into your interiors will make your holiday home feel more homely.
These 5 easy decor tips will instantly transform your holiday home into an inviting and homely paradise. #LiveInspired and enjoy your weekends and holidays to the fullest in your cozy vacation home. A word of caution though- You may never want to leave !